Welding aluminium to steel: Triclad
Merrem & la Porte BV is a multi divisional company with subsidaries in the Netherlands and Belgium, supplying high quality metals, glass fiber and non woven materials, Water & Sludge treatment, industrial filters for Air, Dust and Liquid filtration including maintenance and service.
The HiTech Metals division of Merrem & la Porte BV is the worlds premier supplier of Triclad aluminium/ steel transition joints to the maritime industry. Triclad is a structural transition joint that is used to provide an efficient and maintenance free welded connection between aluminium and steel structures on board vessels and offshore constructions. Merrem & la Porte is committed to provide their Triclad customers with the best possible service, both technical and commercial.
Triclad gives you:
- The most competitive pricing available.
- Very short delivery time if not available off the shelf.
- Full mill test certification and LRS certificates at no extra cost.
- Prompt response to commercial enquiries with a target of same day response in 98% of cases.
- The quality, service and support that you may expect from an ISO 9001 approved company.
- The added value of TRICLAD as a registered trademark of Merrem & la Porte.
- The service of knowledgeable staff with a long experience in this specialised product, and the industry in which it is used.
- Quick response to technical queries with a target of same day response in 90% of cases.
- Flexible delivery terms, from ex-works to free delivered with payment terms to suit.
- Waterjet cutting equipment is available for special shapes such as circles, rings, bends and others.
- For special/demanding applications special TRICLAD versions are or can be made available.
- All cut pieces hard stamp marked for positive identification/traceability.
- Strips marked with LRS inspection logo.
- Type approvals held from various classification authorities.
- Material meeting MIL-J-24445A requirements.
- Full technical back-up.
About Triclad | General background of explosion cladding | Triclad's corrosion resistance | Welding aluminium to steel | Joining aluminium to steel | Aluminium steel welding | What is a structural transition joint | Structural transition joints: DetaCouple and Triclad | Explosion welding | Explosion bonding | Explosion cladding | The application of Triclad in the marine industry | Triclad plate in strips - cut on demand for you | Triclad for cruise ships | Yacht Triclad | Marine Triclad